I know, I know, we see the price of an environmentally sound product and look at the competing non-eco product and say, What the?? It’s SO much more expensive.
But let’s have a little think – you don’t have to buy them over and over e.g. tampons – so you’ll save SO much money in the long run.
And let’s not even set started on the costs that are associated with being unwell when we put chemicals into our bodies, doctors, specialists, surgeries, painkillers, medicines etc.
Then there is the cost to the Earth, I’d actually hate to put that into $$ figures - scary.
So here are some products that I can recommend, and just to be transparent and authentic, I am an affiliate for some of the products I will be recommending.
Click on the name of the product or picture to see where to purchase them.
1. A set of aluminium straws – I have 2 sets – one for the house and one to take out and about.
Their Story: “We have always loved drinking from straws and we care about the world around us and the animals. A couple of years ago we saw a documentary about Garbage Island in the Pacific Ocean and it was very sad to see turtles and other animals dying from eating the plastic straws. We decided we wanted to start making stainless steel straws to help save the animals and share them with everyone.
We use the highest grade stainless steel, 316 marine grade steel, from Sweden and hand make all our straws from our workshop at home. We also hand make the packaging using biodegradable card.
2. A decent set of matching produce bags. Here are 14 pieces of assorted sizes so you can use them for your heavier items and smaller pieces, they are 100% Organic cotton, it includes 4 x unique canvas bags and string bags and 10 mesh produce bags of all sizes. No more fumbling around with all of the different sized bags, and they all match and look fantastic!
3. These collapsible storage containers are awesome if you eat out a lot, or go camping.
Keep them in your car for when you have any leftovers to bring home from a restaurant or save space when you are camping to use them on the go.
4. If you haven’t changed to disposable coffee pods yet, I not actually sure we should be friends anymore… jokes… you’ve got time to grab these before I come for a coffee at yours. The TRIPOD COFFEE Green Gatsby Compostable Coffee pods are 100% certified organic coffee from Papua New Guinea.
Green Gatsby uses a new certified-compostable AND biodegradable capsule.
It's the first of its kind in Australia and will change the coffee capsule landscape forever.
Great for your taste buds, great for the environment and great for your conscience as well. Just pop them straight into your green bin - along with your leaves and grass clippings - after you use them. Great hey?
5. Silicone bags with an air-tight seal that you can use for almost anything you use regular plastic baggies for — like storing leftovers, packing picnic supplies, or just protecting the sandwich you'll eat at your desk. These even store liquids and have an FDA & SGS Approved Food Grade Silicone: It means the silicone product does not contain any fillers, coating, BPA, BPS, BPF, PVC, phthalates, or any the chemicals which can be dangerous to your health after they migrate into the food.
6. It’s something I automatically grab on my way out now – keys, phone, card and water bottle. And just like we like to have a nice wallet as it goes with you everywhere – you’ll want to have a nice water bottle. The EARTH BOTTLES have a sleek designed double insulated stainless steel bottle with a faux wood design. This bottle with its stylish design keeps water cold for up to 24 hours and liquids warm for up to 12 hours.
7. Have you ever thought about how many paper towels you use? I didn’t until I trialled these Reusable Bamboo Towels. They are fantastic! You can reuse them up to 85 times! Just pop them in the wash and use again – genius!
8. Did you know that your toothbrush up to 400 years to decompose? How many have you used over your lifetime – and your kid's ones too? Geez – too many to think about! Here’s a tip for your bamboo brushes – get everyone to doodle on them with a permanent marker to tell which ones are whos. Here’s a 10 pack on special for